Saturday, October 3, 2009

Reflection

All of us have that fond memory from our childhood that we will never forget, and as for me my memory it was more than one time. When I was around 10 years old I went to England. After the first time I was hooked! I had been to England before a couple times before but I loved to come back. I loved everything about England, the snow, the people, getting to visit my family and getting to explore it. England was so beautiful in the winter time, even though it would get below zero most of the time. This trip was memorable because we actually got to go in a real castle. It was the Warwick castle; it was amazing because you could tour the whole castle. After that we went to a town called Warwickshire and what made it a day to never forget was I got to go see where Shakespeare was born. I got to tour around the house in which the greatest play writer was born. This memory means so much because it was the last vacation my whole family took together. My grandfather died before we got to go to England again, and he loved to go to England to visit his family. England has brought me and my family together over the holidays and I think that’s what makes these memories so important. This has made me appreciate my family and friends more so it has shaped me into a better person today.

3 comments:

  1. Awe England. I’ve been there as well. I was there for a month with my parents. Being the pickiest eater in the world I got so home sick, I felt I could bare it no longer. So I buried myself in my books while I was there. I also visited family as well you had mentioned. That was fun, yet boring at the same time. For older people reminiscing about the good old days was not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really oh my god I wish I could go to England. So you where really in a castle. I agree with you there is nothing better than having the family together. I also bet your grandfather was still with you guys enjoying seeing the family together. And it is good that you learn to appreciate your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got hooked to visiting somewhwere other then your homeland. I visted Brazil a couple of time and i loved it. My family lives over there also and it feels good to get everyone together and catch up on everything. As much as you may lovve it somewhere else its better not to get to attached and want to move out there because then you wont feel that "oh my god i love this place feeling" anymore because you get used to it. But its good to hear that someone else felt the same feeling i get when visiting another place other then home.

    ReplyDelete